Saturday, February 23, 2013

In the cold and the dark, with warmth in the heart!

Fairbanks in the end of January- the sun doesn't so much shine as tease and run away with its tongue out.  This year, this cold, dark segment of the year was made more difficult for me (and for my family) by my inability to walk, and the physical and emotional pain associated with that inability and the accident that caused it.

My solace was, and still is, spending time in the studio, where I can sand a piece of silver for three hours, and let that be the sole piece of existence that matters.

or, I can use this baby
 To make things like these:
The stones are green jasper, the settings sterling silver.  The chain I made last semester, with the idea that it would be super cool to make a clasp that I could then hook pendants onto at will.  It's true!

Copycatted necklace - kinda. Also, first stone that I cut with facets!

Redux of some shell pieces I had made before, cause, you know... More is better, right?

Then there was Valentine's Day.

I usually dislike hallmark holidays.  I really do.  But this year I've been feeling so grateful to the people in my life who have disrupted their already packed schedules to help me deal with my physical situation, and I figured... Valentines are to say you care, right?  Well.  I care.  And I am so thankful.
Sterling and brass.
Remember in elementary school when everyone made their valentines cards except for those very few cool kids who had the TMNT or My Little Pony ones?

And yes.  That is from Hamlet.  Cause, you know, there's a character called Valentine, so I couldn't resist.

Love and Beauty!




No comments:

Post a Comment